Starting Fall Chores
Well my fall chores have begun starting with my most important, cutting down a Pepper tree which was close to wires at my house and my neighbors and needed to come down before any storm comes through. I tried to get a tree company but no response so on Sunday Tom (who has done work at my dad’s and my house) cut down the tree and I am now in the process of the clean up.
The first two pictures are what the tree looked like before we started working on it.
And here is what it looked like after some clean up. One of the pictures is of three of the largest Green Recycle cans but there is now four of them (one is my neighbors which he let me borrow).
The last picture is some of the wood I have taken to my dad’s house so far!
And it will start over again Wednesday afternoon once the Waste Management has picked up the green waste!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 29 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 467 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 540 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 401 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 110 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter