Sun
16% 1 vote

Comments

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

It varies for me, depending on weather and time of year

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me "day" is usually early morning unless it is a chilly morning. I have thought of gardening at night but that is when most of the creatures are out & about so would probably not get a lot done.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lisa K When I do the morning plantings I watch the fog rise, enjoy nature and check out whats happening in the garden before work starts.

I usually take a cup of coffee or tea and when done with my drink turn it upside down on one of my garden posts and forget it. When there are no cups left in the house I know its time to collect my "crop of cups." They grow quite well with no insect issues ;)

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, it's when I have time to plant! Usually that is during the day.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @VermontCathy. When I have time but never in the sun. I try to wait for rain so that the seeds or plants get a good natural watering to give them a kickstart.

• monica197
    monica197 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning

How do you vote?

I thought I would give the 'poll' option a try for this thread but see that folks aren't voting. Come to think of it, I am not sure how I would vote! Can you provide some guidance?

• Sharie
    Sharie Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

I have a local almanac based on the moon cycles and I do my gardening according to what it says.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,506 admin
    edited October 2021

@monica197 I've never used the vote function on the forum. It could be that most people just plant when they can and don't have a specific favorite time. I know that I wouldn't have a favorite time.

Also, you have two different concepts, time of day and weather, and any combination might make that hard to choose just one. I am assuming that a person can only pick one out of the four. (after voting, I see that this is true).

I will put a vote in just to see what happens. I voted" Sun". Now, when I chose "Sun" and pressed the vote button, then I could see the results represented by a bar with the number of posts and each corresponding percentage.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite time to plant is all the time! Planting is one of my favorite activities. Seriously though, for the sake of the poll, I said day. That is mostly because that is when I have the time. I would probably prefer planting in the evening if it fit into my schedule, but it never has so I don't actually know.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Monek Marie I so agree, there is nothing better than a cool, misty morning when birds and insects are just waking up 😊

• Alison
    Alison Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

I plant when I can and it's most beneficial for plants. So if we are expecting rain and it's spring or the end of summer, I will plant.

Otherwise I will plant during the day in spring and end of summer when I have the chance, but preferably not in the middle of the day if it's hot as even a decent watering isn't as good as allowing the plant to settle in first.