Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian members!
We are living in strange times, to be sure. At the church we attended yesterday, they were discussing that there are still plenty of things to be thankful for even though we do not know what the future holds for any of us. They are right.
They were thankful even though they knew that at any time, authorities might show up at the door. They were expecting them, but they never came. I am thankful for that as it was a lovely service with a number of people who are committed & determined to support one another and any who might need anything in this time. Strong community is important. They feel that it is very important to support each other, and it was certainly an encouragement to my family and myself. We will strongly stand with them as they have been our family's support over the past two years when we can manage to go that direction.
I am also thankful for the beautiful, perfectly tuned nature that I am privileged to experience, for good friends and the freedom we still have in comparison to some other countries. I am thankful for the troubles that I feel are yet to come as they will strengthen and build character that nothing else can. I am thankful for the healing power of herbs and for new life. I am thankful that I am alive yet another day. That is a privilege as well.
What are you thankful for today?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter