We have public orchards in our city where everyone can harvest fruits.
We went yesterday and collected some apples, mostly fallen fruits.
Cut them up when home and cooked applesauce from it using the receipt my grandmother used
Just add some water and let it cook for some time and don't forget to stir at the end I added some sugar and a lot of cinnamon.
So delicious and it threw me back to the time I did this with my grandma some 30 years ago.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter