Underground or Earth-bermed Construction
I thought this might be a good discussion for many people here on TGN.
My husband and I are looking for property to build on. Our current home, although very much loved, is becoming a bit much for upkeep for us as we age. Too big, too many stairs, too much wood needed to heat, etc., etc.
We are considering underground or earth-bermed construction of some sort (if we can find an appropriate property). So we are looking at alternative methods. We have already looked at promotions by Green Magic and Terra Dome. If anyone has recommendations for a particular style of building or companies that specialize in underground construction, it would be greatly appreciated.
Also appreciated would be the cons of living in an underground home if anyone has experience with this.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter