My mother had a rash for over one month. I believe it turned in to more of an allergy and was in her system as it started out at her neck and shoulders and slowly traveled her entire body. (what a nightmare!)
The doctor had her on a med but for only 5 days so it came back with a vengeance. He did put her back on a med but the rash was so bad at that time it was 24 hour care to try to keep her from digging and making it worse. I hope she never has this issue again. The rash is finally cleared up.
Does anyone know of a good cream for a itch that will sooth it? The store bought helped a little but I want to be prepared.
My mother also seems to itch a bit more now. I think its nerves. She is 92 and I have heard the elderly tend to have itching skin more.
@judsoncarroll4 did have a talk posted on allergies and rashes a few months ago. Good info here. https://community.thegrownetwork.com/discussion/846842/show-30-herbs-for-allergies-hay-fever-rashes-etc
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter