Always Be Humble & Kind
I woke up with this song playing in my head. I know some of you are going through some rough times right now, some through no fault of your own.
This is my wish for all of you no matter what stage of life you are in or in whatever circumstance you find yourself in, that you stay this way and that people are the same toward you.
I read so many hurtful things said to others online yesterday (I'm sure it is habit for many now) and my heart breaks at what is happening here and around the world. There is too much hate and division, lies and disregard for others, to the point of cutting them off and "canceling" anyone who disagrees with another, not even being willing to look past opinions, talk respectfully with no fear and judgment, and just accept them. This negativity should not be accepted as the norm. I believe it is a way bigger problem than covid ever is or was or will be. Let's not buy into that horrible mindset. I appreciate that this forum appears to be free of that.
Since I was thinking of this song this morning, I looked it up, listened and cried. This song is so powerful to me.
It is these little things we often forget as we go about our busy day. We need a reminder once in a while and now, more often than ever.
I hope that you enjoy it and remember to be humble and kind each day.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter