I'm Back...computer gremlins
Happy to say I am back from my unplanned hiatus. My fairly new computer (May 2021) decided suddenly to have major issues. Out of the blue it would not get past the initial logo screen. Started making a beeping noise and a ticking sound but would not go any further. Unfortunately it was a refurbished machine so warranty was only 90 days.
Kept trying it just to see what would happen and got lucky. Yesterday, it decided it would start working again. I am lucky that I have very little on this computer. Most everything is stored on my external hard drive. So would not have lost much, except the cost and time waiting to get a new one I liked.
Love computers when they work right, but what a pain when they don't.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter