Infrared heating what is your experience?
I am very much climate change conscious and I want to make our living as nature friendly as possible. So far our house is heated with oil. We also have two tile stoves heated by wood. The house is well insulated and the windows are changed and we have double and triple glazing windows.
We are looking for more nature friendly heating possibilities and one is infrared heating. As the panels are heated by electricity, this might be our next big project - the photovoltaic on the roof of the house or photovoltaic tiles on the roof.
But one step at a time. Does anyone use infrared heating? What advice could you give? Is there anything that the companies, selling infrared panels do not mention? Are you satisfied?
We can have quite cold winters down to -15C, but just for a week or so. Otherwise the temperature is -5 to +5 C during the coldest season.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter