Grow your own Beer? It's time!
Just saw this chart from Bloomberg Supply Lines - barley production in the US is way, way, way down. The population in the US in 1934 was only 126 million, today we are at 329.5 million (says Google).
Barley is the most common and largest ingredient in beer.
Perhaps on a better note, Russia is the worlds largest producer of barley... so maybe we can buy some from them? Or if you love beer, move to Russia? Seriously, I think several of my brothers in law would move just for beer.
Oh no, I forgot there are more and more export restrictions on food globally - and that is if you could ship it here...
So I'm thinking if you like beer, it's time to grow your own.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter