Making Turmeric Pastilles
Has anyone used powdered turmeric to make pastilles? Or does anyone have any idea what the dosage would be?
I used a variation of this recipe:
2/3 of a cup of turmeric powder
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of raw honey
a pinch of finely ground black pepper
Mix the above into a paste. Roll the paste into a thin sausage (you will have yellow hands) and cut ‘pastilles’ small enough to swallow. Lay them out on a tray in the freezer. When frozen transfer them to a storage jar in the fridge. Take them with meals.
However the original recipe did not mention how much you should take. My husband and I both have arthritis and joint pains and many folks who use the store bought turmeric have had success ending or at least lessening their pain.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter