Get my sliver out
Well, here is a twist on the sliver under the fingernail problem. I got one this morning, a fairly large one, and pulled the main part out, but, there was a slight turn that it made in the nail & it looks as though some is stuck way inside where I can't reach it...or hopefully, it is just a bit of blood.
Now, I know there are things that can draw slivers out, but this one seems very inaccessible.
I trimmed the nail & put plantain salve at the entrance point, but I doubt that will do anything. I thought of soaking it, but am not sure if that will do anything. My concern is infection under the nail.
Does anybody have any suggestions or will I just have to leave it & hope for the best?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter