Lingering pain from deep cut
I cut myself about a month ago while sharpening knives to butcher a hog. Back of first knuckle, left hand. It was pretty deep. I could see the tendons and such.
Happened on a Sunday and we are over an hour from nearest emergency room or Doc in a box (also called emergency clinic) Our little local clinic was not open.
Super glued the cut shut after using cayenne to stop the bleeding, then cleaning it well. Went on with butchering for the day though did double glove to protect it.
Went in on Monday to our clinic. They cleaned it again checked for any damage inside, full range of motion, no loss of use or strength except from pain under pressure. They poked around inside to see how deep it was, which is when it actually started hurting.
They put a couple steri strips on it and sent me home. Would not close with steri strips which did not stay on very well. Used band aides for several days which held it shut better and stayed on better. But it kept opening back up as I used the hand and the joint would bend.
Super glued it shut again and it started closing finally. It has now been over 4 weeks, cut is almost completely healed but still has a lump on each side of cut, I am assuming scar tissue. And sometimes throbs for a minute or two and is pain full to put pressure on it from the side like when I pick up a gallon jug or something. No infection and never has been.
Is there anything I can use herbally for this if it continues?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter