Hyperinflation in Romania

If you remember @Marjory Wildcraft 's interview with Lynette Zang, here is one that Lynette did with Arpad (Star Pad Academy) regarding his family's life during the hyperinflation there. The term community comes up a lot.

It's an interesting listen.

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Wow @RustBeltCowgirl that was a very enlightening interview. It got me on an Arpad binge... I'm thinking of reaching out to Arpad to do an interview for the TGN community.

Are you interested?

I'll collect questions from folks here in the forums...

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

A quote from the transcript of the interview.

"Lynette Zang:

That’s really wonderful because you know, it is amazing how little people know of history, but, you know, and they always think, well, this time is different. Do you think this time is different? And do you think that it’s going to be localized when it, like it was in Romania and when the Soviet, when Russia fell, the USSR fell, or do you think this is more global? What do you think is going on?

Arpad:

Well, I think the song may be different, but the tunes are similar. So it’s always with a different twist just because of how the global politics shifts in the meantime, of course, however, the effect on the general people is always the same. It could be a different global situation. It could be a different economical situation. However, the effect on the general public, the good old, you know, nine to five people who just their only fault is that they, they haven’t paid attention. The effect on those people is always the same and it’s always suffering and losing their savings and losing their, you know, multi-generational properties, forms or something like that. It’s always the same. "

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another quote

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

i @RustBeltCowgirl Wow, I am amazed that you highlight the same parts that struck me the most too. "It doesn't matter to the common person if it is local or global", and "you have to rule out fear from your life". Both of those statements have been in my thoughts a lot.

I am oging to book an interview with him. This is coming... even the TGN team is slugish in understanding that - it is hard for all of us to believe it. But it's just obivous now. There is no other altrenative that I can see.

Especailly food inflation.