Papaya. Delicious and good for health
As I am now in a country where papaya grows, I looked for more information about this delicious and useful plant. I knew it is useful, but did not know that sooo useful: strengthens heart, prevents diabetes, cancer, regulates blood pressure, even prevents age related macular degeneration. I like eating the fruit, but also the seeds. They contain a lot of papain. I eat the seeds raw or dry as a substitutes of pepper. Well, fruit and herbs I use as precaution not to develop illnesses. Thus I will eat even more this useful fruit.
I like the plant. Never saw so many before. It is amazing that it can hold so many heavy fruit.
I have also read that one should not eat not ripe papaya unless cooked and that people having latex allergy may be sensitive to papaya.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter