A Tuesday SMILE!

Comments

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

🤣🤣 my daughter told me yesterday that I was crazy while I was cleaning all the animals dishes, feeders, waters, etc. Maybe she needs a chicken!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 5,711 admin

Everybody needs a chicken. 😁

I tell people that on a regular basis. 😏

There are many reasons that they need them...and a good milk cow to go with the chicken...but chickens first, of course! Nearly everyone could keep a chicken, you do know this, right? I can tell you the breed you need. Yeah, I don't have a problem...😆

By the way, I'll have some to sell this coming spring, but only 2 breeds (both black & blue Jersey Giant, & Erminette). I have quite a selection of interesting silkie colors & patterns now too.

I've got people chomping at the bit to get my other project breeds (both blue copper & black copper marans & chocolate ameraucana) but they will have to wait a minimum of 3 years before they might be starting to get to what I want. Oh, the anticipation! Haha

You need a chicken.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

LaurieLovesLearning I agree, everyone needs a chicken. Someday I will add a few copper marans to our flock. But our first plan is to get some Chanticleers. Seems they are hard to find in the US.

• torey
    torey Moderator Posts: 4,188 admin

@vickeym With all your other shipping challenges, how is the shipping on live birds to Alaska?

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

I would love to still have my chickens. They were great and good layers too! I agree everyone should have chickens! Kind of hard to do that in an apartment!

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

torey Depends on where they are coming from. Several hatcheries offer free shipping even to Alaska. I am sure they include that in the price of the birds in some form.

Breeders...depends on where they are and how they are shipping.

One of the biggest challenges I hear about is folks ordering 100 or even multiple hundreds of birds at one time and they arrive in Anchorage on Friday or Saturday. Mail will get held there over the weekend and not ship out till Monday. I know folks who have had the whole order arrive dead because of delays from the post office.

Did you know?

Bamboo is the fastest-growing woody plant in the world; it can grow 35 inches in a single day.

🍅 Tomatoes: From Seeds To Sauce Toolkit 🍅

Master this Holy Grail of Gardening and benefit from a plant that offers tons of essential vitamins and nutrients!

Learn More

Over 610,088 people are apart of The Grow Network.

You can help us reach 1 Million! Give the gift of sustainability by sending your loved ones a Grow Network gift card.

Give them what they want

Today, do the biggest small thing that will better the world, and be satisfied with your efforts.

Marjory Wildcraft
Join our Discord Chat!

Get even more connected with The Grow Network.

Dive in here