Saw a post from another group tonight that showed a news clip saying General mills will have a 20% price hike starting in January.
Just a few brands produced by General Mills...
Muir Glen, Green Giant, Annie's, Yoplait, Progresso, Pillsbury, Bisquick, Gold Medal, Larabar, Gardetto's, Nature Valley, Bugles, Blue Buffalo dog food, Betty Crocker, Old El Paso...
That's a LOT of everyday brands, and that's gonna be a LOT of extra money out of our pockets -- whether it's from rising food prices, gasoline prices, or household energy expenses this winter.
The manager at the grocery where I work told us today right after he got a phone call that freight costs are going up by 5.25 % starting in 2 weeks. I know we already pay something like $100 per pallet that is delivered. And that is in addition to the freight costs to get it to Alaska in the first place. That is just the cost to get it from Anchorage to the little village I live in about 140 miles from the outskirts of Anchorage.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter