The best socks ever
I was reading a short discussion about the best socks.
Christmas is coming, and socks seem to always appear under the trees. It is something everyone needs.
This made me wonder about the brand you like best & why.
I prefer merino wool because it is comfy no itch, warm, anti-stink, anti-bacterial. Some of mine are getting holes in them, but I don't remember the brand and I am not sure if the store I bought them in still has them.
I want socks with as little synthetics as possible (I don't know if that is practical, but it is my preference). I went searching, and found the Darn Tough company in Vermont. They have expensive socks, but also have a lifetime guarantee, supposedly with no catch.
The highest merino wool content they have is an 80%. It is a Hunter Over-the-Calf Heavyweight Hunting Sock, which is a little taller than I'd like, but I can always fold them down.
I would use these in my harvester mukluks, which are my "dress" shoes.
So, what do you like? Have you ever worn merino wool socks? Have you ever worn the Darn Tough brand?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter