Getting good stewing hens
I am feeling that it gets harder and harder to find a good stewing hen/chicken.
I use to make chicken broth or soup when someone in my family is sick and it gets harder every time to find a decent one without pre-ordering it. Today I was only able to get half chickens.
I do not have the space to grow my own chickens and not the freezer space to store either enough broth or chicken.
And I normally do use the pulled chicken meat either for salads or chicken fricasse the next day.
Do you have the same problem or a good solution for it?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter