Essential Oils as part of your lifestyle
When I first started to get serious about living a healthier lifestyle, I got into essential oil’s. Not really sure why, maybe timing. Anyway I quickly found out there’s oils and then there’s oil’s. I settled on a brand (I am no way involved in marketing EO) I’m a complete beginner but know more than I used to.
I have quite a collection now, I don’t use them like I used to but they are handy to have around. How I use them, in diffusers around the house, I come up with some funky combinations! Most mornings I put a drop each of peppermint and wild orange on my palm and rub vigorously until its warmed up and then I sit, be in the moment and breathe deeply into my cupped hand, kind of like a short meditation. The peppermint opens the sinuses and the orange has a warm grounding effect. Frankincense is my go to for skin things (mixed with coconut oil) and I put a drop into my morning smoothie. I’ve a friend who swears by it in his complete return to health after being diagnosed with prostrate and bowel cancer.( he was told by his Dr to get his affairs in order) he used an integrated approach to his treatment and Frankincense was and is still part of his daily routine (internally).
I use EO to put into some of my salves & lotions, bath salts and cooking (think just a drop of oregano, thyme or pink pepper when you don’t have fresh). I make roller bottles for insect protection, sleep, invigorating or relaxing moods. A drop or to in the bin to refresh etc.
Anyone else have EO experience, they would like to share?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter