Its time to make your own: Maple Syrup
If you can, it is also time to try to make your own maple syrup or other tree syrup this coming spring. You don't want to kill the trees, so if you are in a drought area, be mindful of how much you take from each tree.
I have no idea how prices will be affected by this release. I assume the prices will be higher than usual, which is already high.
If this group demands a payment from producers, controls prices, and then sells to make money for themselves to boot as the article states, you can bet this release is being done to make themselves a lot of extra money because of the global shortage. Demand = higher than usual profits. I am not sure, but as middlemen go, I could see this group taking more than it's fair share of high profits giving producers very little of those.
We do have discussions on the forum that focus on tapping and what type of trees are able to be tapped for syrup, if anyone is interested.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter