Emulsifiers-Good or Bad?
I read about a new emulsifier that is being added to food and hasn't been tested yet. I remember it started with a T. The problem is that I am very disorganized and although I wrote down the name I cannot find it.
Here is a website that talks about emulsifiers: https://www.healthyfood.com/advice/emulsifiers-friend-or-foe/
I have made my own mayonnaise and salad dressings before but found that salads are sometimes too much for my body. I would much rather eat greens and other things by themselves.
I am just concerned that while we look at other ingredients that we forgetting the lesser items that may be bothering our bodies without our knowledge.
Do any of you have concerns about such things? Are emulsifiers good or bad when they are added to our food?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter