Bio intensive gardening

Monek Marie
Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

This holiday season will be a bit quieter than most and there will be time to study and read. I am already in the gardening mode, even if today is the first day of Winter, lol. We even have a bit of snow falling today.

So I decided to do the TGN Academy Bio intensive gardening course. I have 17 acres here but using your space to its highest potential is always a good thing. Plus I find this style of gardening requires less work and time. Time is always an issue for me so its time to really study and enjoy the thoughts of new gardens. (I am also doing indoor gardening, as soon as January 1st hits. )

My first look at the class shows me great links. I am looking forward to this.

So who does bio intensive gardening and why?

Comments

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭

@Monek Marie Thanks for the heads up on this class. I need to check it out!

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did the class last December. I loved it! I refer to John's book quite often. I have started implementing the techniques here in my garden. I have about 800 sqft of growing space so I want to make the best of it. It takes a lot to feed my family of 7 and I want to grow as much of it as possible.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

I did the course a while ago. It was very informative and I really enjoyed it. I also have been using some of his ideas in my garden. Even though there are only two of us at home, I would still like to get a lot more of my food out of my garden.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Started the course some time ago and just got a chance to go back and finish it. Got a digital version of the book today. Hope to incorporate a good bit of this in our garden we are building this spring.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

One new outlook for me was microgarden in ther garden by bed width size. I tend to do 3 foot width beds due to shorter arm length but they mentioned a better micro garden bed with a wider width. Maybe I will try wider again as I really like working with micro changes.