Successfully Preserving Bananas...well, almost successful!
Have you ever gotten done with your canning project and then thought - "Rats! I forgot the lemon juice!!" ?
My beautiful banana harvest found its way into some banana ketchup yesterday and was set for the pantry shelf when I realized while eating some lemon bars (gluten fee of course) that I had neglected to add in the lemon juice. Rats!
Well, I made up 8 jars in that adventure. I found a friend at church who loves bananas and wanted to give the ketchup a try. I gave one jar to a neighbor. I put the other 6 in the frig. I am thankful that I have at least 40 more bananas left so I will try another round of canning...this time including ALL of the ingredients.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter