And just like that...we've got snow.
We now have more snow in one snowfall than we had all of last year. I know others have had more than us already, but we tend to miss most of the moisture (in any season) due to our location from the valley. It is heavy snow too. This promises a good start to spring, even if for some strange reason we don't get any more January through April.
I wanted to get pictures of the snow on the mugo pine because that's always beautiful, but the kids had fun this morning and had already shaken all of that snow off. The bird pens held lots too, but we needed to clear them of all that extra weight before it caused issues.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter