A Christmas tree after it’s season. To make use or to throw away?
we decorate Christmas trees from our own garden. Sometimes a fir tree, sometimes an alpine pine. A small tree or a big branch. After the season I cut off the branches, lay them on a cloth to dry and collect the dry needles. I make them into herbal salt for inhalations and baths, I use them for giving flavour to my apple vinegar which I use for rinsing the washing and for cleaning my kitchen and bathroom. I am thinking of mixing some into my herbal teas for cold.
The wood, of course, goes into fire. What else?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter