Respiratory Support for COVID Aftermath
Some people seem to be dealing with severe lung damage after recovering from COVID. A friend’s family member died after no longer having the virus, and the doctor said it was directly related to damage COVID did to his lungs.
When I started looking for herbs that support the respiratory system, the challenge I had was finding what’s available in my area. In the States, there are more resources available. However, we usually have to use what grows where we live in other countries.
Common plants in South America are plantago major (plantain), Buddleja globosa (matico or orange ball tree), Achyrocline satureioides (macela or wira wira), guava leaf, loquat leaf, eucalyptus, and grape leaf. That’s all I can remember at the moment. Some naturalists are recommending borage, too.
I made tea, soup, or vapor with what I had available, but I’d like to know if there are more effective ways to prepare them. I also thought it would be nice to have a list of herbs native to the many countries TGN members live in.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter