Exposure to Disinfectants
Remember when using hand sanitizers frequently was highly discouraged because it was harmful to your health? This as recent as only a couple years ago. Now use has become acceptable and extremely widespread. Disinfecting everything multiple times/day is common practice.
Years ago, we switched to natural alternatives due to health risks and behavioral effects of cleaning chemicals. We try to avoid these as much as possible even now, for the same reasons.
Here is a recent small study that has been done on the marked increase of use within homes (nevermind public spaces) of known harmful substances. It sounds like it is a first study. Perhaps there will be more such studies in the future.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter