A defective dictionary 😖
Here is a Canadian dictionary that wait for it...doesn't have WINTER in it...Canadian and NO winter. 😳 Whoops.
To add to this, I grew up spelling wintry as wintery (and my spell check actually corrected it as such. I don't usually trust spell check)...which according to Grammarly, is not incorrect, just not used very often.
I wonder if "wintery" is then actually the official Canadian spelling as I think Grammarly is US based. A few Canadian words have changed in common usage over time due to the close proximity to the US, such as color (Canadian) and color (US).
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter