Historic Convoy in Canada

2»

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,500 admin

@vickeym Here it is. Remember, we use freshly ground flour. That makes a big difference. The glaze is icing sugar and water. Thin enough to spread, but thickly...almost like lava. Sorry, I am not sure how to explain the consistency otherwise. I usually like to put a white base, drizzling pink or other across, back & forth diagonally. It kicks it up a notch. BTW strong hibiscus tea makes a beautiful tea to use instead of water in the glaze.

Our cows also believe in freedom, as they have been getting out repeatedly lately. 🤔🙄 However...

The Canadian livestream on YouTube is:

LIVE: trucker freedom convoy to ottawa 2022

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

I've been watching the livestreams from Ottawa on and off all day. It's been amazing. Right now it's 10 pm Eastern time, it's below freezing, and the place is still packed with people and truckers, and they are having an EDM dance party in the middle of the street!

• LaurieLovesLearning

@stephanie447 There was one victory today in Saskatchewan. I just posted about it in our pm discussion. Truckers are certainly indispensable in that province if you consider the huge oil, grain & beef industries among others. You have to consider too, that many farmers back this as well, and there are some huge landowners in that province.

I want to be careful how much I post publicly on the forum, but if you want to join us over in the pm discussion, you are welcome to. You just have to let me know & I'll add you.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

Was the truck convoy a success? Please share the information about it.

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭

I agree, @LaurieLovesLearning the cookie recipe sounds really good!

I was unaware of all of this happening--feeling ashamed, but excited that so many took part in this stand!! Actually have goosebumps!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited January 2022

It is ongoing. Their purpose is to remove all mandates for all people in Canada...no other issues. The majority of citizens are behind them. The main media & trolls on channels are trying to claim otherwise. They are getting intense opposition and negative, untrue comments from these places to try to cause division and discourage further support.

I am posting into a pm discussion for those interested. If you are interested in joining in, let me know.

@water2world It is tasty. I don't like some of the other "perfect" looking cookies out there. They are often beautiful, but the flavor doesn't compare.

Don't feel ashamed that you didn't know. Now you do! You should hear the stories of new hope from young & old. It is heartwarming.

If you want to know more, I have a pm discussion going. Let me know if you want to join in.

• Sarah Beth
    Sarah Beth Posts: 8 ✭✭✭

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the update. I feel like @water2world - and I live in Michigan, near the Ambassador Bridge, but hadn't heard of the convoy until earlier today. @LaurieLovesLearning are they still at the capitol? Please add me to the pm thread. Praying for you all!

• LaurieLovesLearning

@Sarah Beth Yes. Added you.

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning Please add me to the pm thread. Appreciate it!

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning Please add me to the pm as well. I am excited about this and hopefully it spreads to other places like here in the States!

I think these cookies should be renamed "Canadian Freedom Cookies" and add a maple syrup flavor to the glaze! 😋

• LaurieLovesLearning

@Cornelius Will do. I hear there is one started in the US and many others worldwide.

Haha...the cookies.

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I have been following this for days by way of the Epoch Times. They do report on this and other news that mainstream media does not acknowledge. I'm all for the truckers who are essential to us, after all. I have not really noticed shjortahges, but I grow and buy organic; I get my meats from a farm, which is all organic, pasture-raised, grass-fed.

• LaurieLovesLearning

@MissPatricia That is the best way to go about feeding yourself, for sure. We, as well, try our best to grow or source our foods very locally, supporting growers directly. We are also supporters of others being self-sufficient, encouraging people to do so, and for them to learn to effectively network locally.

Where we are, shortages have been minimal since covid began (with the exception of the strange hoarding of tp and a few very basic staples at the start). I hear that the shortages were showing up the most in large cities. Even now, they say they exist, but honestly, besides rice krispies & tp (again), we haven't seen much of that.

Prices are going way up, however...and that has very little to do with the convoy. It's more about other factors.

My husband is in the city today to pick up an order from a farmer who sells hulless oat groats in bulk & some parts. We will see if he reports any new shortages that he might see.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,612 admin

Oh my! 60,000 truckers and trucks? That's going to be a massive parking lot and a huge statement!

I have not heard a peep of this except via this forum...

Absolutely any shortages and cost increases will be blamed on these truckers... You can count on that.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,612 admin

Hey @LaurieLovesLearning I just want to the a huge THANK YOU for all the info in the pm thread. It has become so clear what is going on and astonishing to see the various players doing what they do.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited February 2022

You are welcome.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have really enjoyed watching this convoy thread. My nephew drives a semi so I know all the concerns they are facing right now. I am glad Canadian driver are taking a stand.

@LaurieLovesLearning Please add me to the other thread

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning can you add me to the pm as well?

I have heard they are beginning to plan one here in the US, from California to Washington DC. I have seen various videos posted here and there about the convoy in Canada but nothing significant. Our local new has said nothing about it. I have started to hear rumor about how they are trying to shut it down here already. Does anyone have links or update on the one in the US?

• Suburban Pioneer
    Suburban Pioneer Posts: 339 ✭✭✭

Seems to be very little news coverage here in the U.S. of any of the trucker rallies from around the world. Even the conservative/alt news outlets aren't saying much, which, I think, shows that they're not to be entirely trusted, either. Much of the info I get comes from You Tube videos people post and that get picked up and linked to on Wall Street Silver Reddit (r/WSS). Saw a hilarious clip last night of Canadians merrily walking past a line of police cars to deliver fuel and food to the truckers after the police seized some truckers' supplies and the Canadian government declared delivering fuel and food illegal. The police wisely decided to not interfere. I see the Pierre Polievre has thrown his hat into the ring to run for PM. My opinion is that unless the Canadians completely oust Trudeau (or Castro, as his real last name might be), plus any supporters in his cabinet, he's just going to com down with a reign of complete terror once the protests have disbanded. The global PTB aren't going to take the protests lying down. We'd better do the same here in the U.S. and the Europeans had better finish the job in Brussels, too, or we'll be seeing wrath like we can't even imagine.

This discussion has been closed.