These are the roads, into Saskatchewan, just to the west of the Manitoba border already tonight. Red is closed, white is ice covered. That's a lot of red! This will reach here sometime tonight & into tomorrow.
Up here, they call this an Alberta Clipper, which is a fast moving storm system from the west, with lots of heavy snow & high winds, causing whiteout conditions. This storm was in AB this morning causing havoc.
We've already had freezing rain today ahead of the rest to come. Our last Clipper brought a lot of snow and wasn't all that long ago.
I'm excited. Everything should be ready and we aren't needing to be anywhere.
😁 I love these things when we are prepared. It's the deep cold I don’t care for as much...but just the same, that can be worked around.
Winter should certainly be in the dictionary. Haha
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter