What would you pack & why?
So, for the first time in a very long while, we’re travelling interstate. This is a trains, planes & automobiles situation with a helicopter thrown in for good measure. Packing light is essential. I thought long & hard about what I would pack in my small “medicine bag”. Normally I would get out the TGN medicine bag & fill it with goodies, you know “just in case”. This time, I don’t have that luxury & have to be mindful of amounts etc. In the end I went for my top 3, St Johns Wort pain salve, Insect bitey salve & an EO blend of peppermint & orange.
You may ask how did I come up with those items? The SJW salve is my go to for aches & pains & it works (best salve I’ve made). We’re heading to a very hot & humid area & I figure insects will be rife, so IB salve & the oil blend clears the sinus as well as making me feel grounded. (Might keep some bugs away too!)
So my question to you is, when travelling away from home, what would be your top 3 herbal medicines to pack, on a trip away & why.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter