Well, this has appeared in our household. I am glad it finally showed up. I've been waiting for it to appear over 20 years.
@hedgehog girl is uncomfortable today. The spots started to show yesterday.
We are looking up soothing things to use and we can go through my new herbal books. Actually, she took the initiative. A few other suggestions were found online, but I don't have most of those herbs on hand.
@torey I am curious and have found nothing specific on it for chickenpox, but I have jewel weed salve & also chickweed-plantain that I think could be helpful for the itch considering its actions. Do you think this will do anything for the itchy spots?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter