1 lemon, juiced
Cut watermelon into 1 inch thick rounds. Slice the watermelon away from the rind and cut into 8 triangles like you would a whole cake.
Take half of the triangles and place in a large bowl. Pour half of the lemon juice over the watermelon and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
Place the watermelon on mesh dehydrator trays. Dehydrate for 12 hours at 110 degrees.
Do the same with the rest of the watermelon and lemon juice.
Store in an airtight container.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter