Hidden Vegetable Recipes

MaryRowe
MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

At some point we had a thread going about this topic, but I can't find it now. This set of recipes looked too good to pass up though....(and I'll tell you what: try searching "recipes" here--what an amazing collection of yumminess! Time for a TGN cookbook maybe?)

Comments

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭✭

They look yummy and I'm always looking for ways to add more vegetables :)

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember that discussion. I shared this recipe and now that you reminded me, I'm going to have to make it!

It's soooo good! And the best part is that no one knows there are sweet potatoes in it! You can play around with the recipe and make it your own. I use ground almonds instead of walnuts in the crust and leave out the coconut flakes. If you have coconut cream, it will make the pie even firmer. I've used that as well as coconut milk.

I'm finding too many recipes to make tonight!

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kbmbillups1 I think I will have to make this this weekend. Thanks for sharing

• kbmbillups1

@Monek Marie You're welcome! You will love it!!

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MaryRowe Thank you for sharing. This will help me with recipe ideas.

Once the garden is producing we'll be eating along with the seasons once again. And I want to expand my family's variety desperately. I came across this book at the library.

However many of those 52 we're familiar with. Most are not liked by at least half the family (there are 6 of us) but I'm hoping to change that. The author encourages the kids to help make it a game, growing some of the new foods too, and all cooking together.

So I'm in search of new recipes to try. Thank you @kbmbillups1 that pudding pie is just what I'm looking for. And I plan to take a closer look at the site it's on to see if I can find any other recipes that will help.😊

• kbmbillups1

@JennyT Upstate South Carolina You're welcome. Let me know if you find any other good ones on there. I saw them make this recipe in a video that popped up of facebook a couple years ago. I was going to look at the site too back then and just never did.