TransCanada (#1) repeatedly shut down in Western Manitoba
The RCMP have closed it for 3 consecutive times due to both ice & poor driving decisions of the public. This is a highly unusual occurrence here.
We heard of a few incidents on a secondary highway north of Virden (pronounced "Vr-den"), so west of where we are. That had quite a few single vehicle accidents involving a wide variety of vehicles.
But, the #1 keeps having issues. Usually it is clear before all others because it is the main & most direct artery across the country.
Some of the pictures look pretty bad. We are used to seeing isolated accidents of a few vehicles, maybe a jack-knifed truck or some trucks in the ditch, but not ever to this extent.
Here's the story:
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter