Spicy Prawn Recipe, a sure fire winner.
This week my wonderful wife had a birthday. For dinner, I cooked for her, her favourite dish. It’s an easy one to cook, as long as the prawns (shrimp) are really good quality. It started off as creamy garlic prawns but I’ve tweaked with it over the years & this is what I’ve come up with.
Recipe; 500g of headless, peeled, green prawns. In a frypan, melt some coconut oil, add 1 sliced onion, 2 tablespoon chopped garlic, 1 chopped chilli, teaspoon of grated ginger, splash of fish sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida powder, 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric powder. Fry off all ingredients, then add 1 can coconut cream, let simmer & reduce a little. In a separate pan get some coconut oil nice & hot & add the prawns. Won’t take long, just a minute or 2 on each side. When done, add prawns to the sauce & combine. Serve over basmati rice. While the sauce is simmering I throw in a handful of frozen peas for colour & taste. A small salsa salad on the side, think tomato, cucumber, avocado is an option for more veg intake. Please try, you won’t be disappointed. If you don’t have prawns, you could try chicken, fish, tofu, eggplant, pumpkin, chick peas etc.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter