Good day y'all,
We had 5 beautiful kids born this year on our farm. We are bottle feeding two of them as their mom wants nothing to do with them. Long story short...around 10:30pm on a saturday night. I just had a feeling to check the barn before slumber. I am sure glad I did! Two kids born and the doe didn't accept them. Brought the kids in the house to dry off. Many hours of getting them settled and milk from their mom. They are healthy and oh so sweet!
We have been bottle feeding the kids, mostly mom's milk. As we get closer to weaning time. I'd like to start weighing the goats to ensure they are growing with the hay and less milk.
Do you weigh your kids? If so do you use regular bathroom scale? or a hanging sling scale?
Yes we are teaching the kids ballet :) lol
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter