World economy explained with two cows... (humor)

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

This was so funny! It's a comparison of how different types of international companies would handle owning two cows.

AN AMERICAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows.

Later, you hire a consultant to analyze why the cow has died.

A FRENCH CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You go on strike, organize a riot, and block the roads, because you want three cows.

AN ITALIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows, but you don’t know where they are.

You decide to have lunch.

A SWISS CORPORATION

You have 5,000 cows. None of them belong to you.

You charge the owners for storing them.

A CHINESE CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You have 300 people milking them.

You claim that you have full employment and high bovine productivity.

You arrest the newsman who reported the real situation.

AN INDIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You worship them.

A BRITISH CORPORATION

You have two cows.

Both are mad.

AN IRAQI CORPORATION

Everyone thinks you have lots of cows.

You tell them that you have none.

Nobody believes you, so they bomb the crap out of you and invade your country.

You still have no cows but at least you are now a Democracy.

AN AUSTRALIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

Business seems pretty good.

You close the office and go for a few beers to celebrate.

A NEW ZEALAND CORPORATION

You have two cows.

The one on the left looks very attractive.

A GREEK CORPORATION

You have two cows borrowed from French and German banks.

You eat both of them.

The banks call to collect their milk, but you cannot deliver so you call the IMF.

The IMF loans you two cows.

You eat both of them.

The banks and the IMF call to collect their cows/milk.

You are out getting a haircut.

This was originally posted at this link (and there are some more funnier versions but they get more political and as you know we try not to get political here at TGN because it always ticks someone off 😉)

Tagged:

Comments

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft Loved it!! Thanks for the laugh--I needed that!

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless somebody has a bull things are going to get tricky down the road. Thanks for the chuckle.

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

This was hilarious!🤣 I needed a laugh after this last week.

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@Marjory Wildcraft I loved the joke.

No Austrian cows in it. soon they will be taken up for a summer holiday to the Alms in the Alps. Recently Austrian cows got a bad reputation as killer cows. As they roam free and have calfs not all are tolerant to tourists with dogs. We had a few cases where people died when trying to protect their dog against an aggressive cow mother. Now we have warnings everywhere where cows with calfs are kept.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

😊 thank you 😊

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

What would @Marjory Wildcraft do with 2 cows? I bet it would be amazing! Lol

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too funny. 😃 It makes me think of this other example of things using cows.

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@Marjory Wildcraft unfortunately I am serious. We had several very bad cases. There are many trails in the Alps where cows are kept free. My son in law walked with the dog on a lead and the cow did not like the dog (golden retriever). She approached him with the head bent and was always faster. Luckily he let the dog free. The cow was after the dog, but the dog was faster. This is a story with a happy end. It had another end when the owners did I not let their dogs free. There are still court cases about compensations to the families who lost members because of cow attacks.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

hmmm, good question. Actually I am in early stages of negotiations to buy a homestead and it comes with two cows and three sheep. I've had cows before - Dexters - they are a lovely breed. But honestly I don't like such big animals. I'm even debating on keeping the sheep (if I buy the property) because they as soooo skittish. They freak out with the slightest thing.

But for philospohies sakes... First off, I would love them! Figure out how many the land can support and breed them either selling the offspring for breeding stock or yes, having beef in the freezer. I'm still learning but I think here in the tropics you actually can support a cow on one acre (of course managing with sub pastures and rotation). But cattle aren't indigenous here and I've heard they are very suseceptable to all kinds of diseases and regular antibiotics are a requirement? That is definitely a deal killer on keeping cows. But I am still researching.

I might take the Australian approach, be happy I've got two cows, make sure they have feed and water, and head down to the pub to share a laugh with friends.

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty funny😂

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

very funny