Slender nettle is a lot like Stinging nettle but without the big nettle bite.
I love this plant and found it quite by accident over in my raspberry patch. I had to ID the plant, came close with a wildflower ID book but took it up to my local audubon the get the final ID.
I had learned about stinging nettle from a herbalist friend who also used a spinning wheel and stinging nettle was one of her favorite plants to harvest to weave with. She had never heard of slender nettle so was quite pleased to see the plant and all its uses.
My slender nettle really spread this last year ( I think the chickens replanted some of it.) and I was pleased to see how much I had.
If your not familiar with this plant here is a description. It has all the uses Stinging nettle has. And if Stinging nettle bites you or slender nettle, just apply lemon balm. It helps immediately.
This Week's Leaders
- 603 All Categories
- 28 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 32 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 270 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 403 Current Events & Breaking News
- 24 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.2K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.3K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 464 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 30 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 423 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 341 The Homestead: DIY
- 1K Personal Journals
- 90 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter