All about the vanilla bean
This is written in a country where the orchid is grown. It has information that is new to me. It is a really good article, touching on growth, pollination, medicinal uses & more.
And a bit more, including medicinal information.
I have found young plants to buy in Canada, but they cost a lot once you figure in shipping costs. Then, if they arrive okay, you need to keep them going for many years before they flower. They can be grown successfully indoors.
I'm not sure if it would be easy or hard for me. Sometimes I surprise myself with plants (either way). I think I could succeed with all the tips I've read, but I would certainly be taking a risk on my investment. You need to be dedicated!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter