Asking for door to door handouts - humor of sorts
So last year I downsized my animals. I had 4 ducks left. They were actually my favorite but no one wanted them. And what great layers they have turned out to be!~
Well, lately the ducks have started coming to the front door in the morning to get a snack or let me know they feel it's meal time. I don't really like this as it puts them closer to the road but if I don't give them a bit of food they head to the road.
Yesterday the heard their quacking and figured I needed to toss them a handful of food. I looked out the window and saw 2 of my ducks and visitors! I also had 2 mallards. I gingerly opened the door and tossed out some food. The mallards were a bit bashful but a free meal made them stick around. The other 2 ducks quickly joined the group and I gave them a little more.
With Avian flu around I was concerned but To have 2 strange ducks come for a meal made me laugh and feel they deserved a meal.
They left after they had their snack and I have net seen them since.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter