Congee a breakfast that will hopefully sustain me this spring
Congee is something I've only recently heard about. And I'm hoping it has the staying power to fill me up as I'm working out on the property burning so many calories.
I have a ton of inflammation in my system I'm trying to get rid of. So my preferred breakfast of avocado toast will have to go. I'm not in a position to start making my own sourdough as of yet so I've been using store-bought gluten-free bread. I can tell my body is not happy with the store-bought bread, among some other things I'm going to be cutting out. And unfortunately, it doesn't like oatmeal even if it's gluten-free so that's not an option either.
I thought congee would be easier on my body but still help fill me up. But I know very little about it and would love some recipes or places I can locate some recipes.
If anyone can offer suggestions I'd sure appreciate it.😊
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 466 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 539 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 400 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 109 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter