"Bonus" mystery plants in my seed trays
I've also got these in some houseplants!
I don't recall putting tomato seeds in my indoor worm compost (maybe it got caught up in scraps), but I've now got one with a banana tree & had one with my lemon tree, one sharing a plug with a smaller motherwort plant, and what I am suspecting could be chickweed in some other plugs. It isn't oregano! I compared it to my chickweed in the lemon tree pot. It looks & tastes the same.
I also have some plants that appeared to possibly be grasses...but, really Maybe those came from the top soil bag...that's what I think. The tomato & possible chickweed will be something I did at some point, but I don't recall adding either!
I also have some other tiny green mystery something-or-others appearing with my avocado (the seed coats on the end of the leaves look pitted....picture below), larger tomato plant and in some of the pot. I sure wish I knew what they were.
I have a question...if I separate the tomato out, will it harm the motherwort? Does anyone know how sensitive that might be?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter