To our mothers
Happy Mothers Day! Being a mother isn't always a bunch of roses as is often proclaimed on this day. It can be wonderful but it can also be very difficult.
We have many mothers represented today and I want to especially recognize the ones that often feel overlooked on this day.
There many be some who are longing to be mothers. You are not alone.
I know some mothers here will have lost babies through miscarriage, still birth or an early death otherwise, and I want you to know you aren't forgotten.
Some women here have lost their mothers, and we remember them.
Some have been separated from their children for whatever reasons.
Some didn't have the mother they always wished for but never had. We recognize your struggle.
There are also those who have been able to have children...some one, and some, many.
I want to send hugs out to each one of you today and encourage each of you to keep going and hold your head up. You are each special in your own unique way.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter