Experiment with fern
I did some climbing. Well, walking up the mountain slope, quite a steep one for over 5 hours and getting down in about 2,5 hours. I did about 1000 height meters up and the same down. My knees and calves were aching when I finally got back home.
I picked quite a few fern leaves on the way back and, once back at home, I just placed them round my calves and knees. Enjoyed rest in the garden for a about half an hour. I still felt some tiredness for the rest of the evening, but next morning I was fit for another mountain tour which I did. I think that fern really helped. This is what I read in John. Kunzle book and wanted to try out myself. It worked!
On previous occasions I needed more time to recover.
first photo is our house mountain. I got to where the trees stop growing. I took this photo on the second day when I climbed the slope on the other side of the village
The second photo is my fern cure. Just leaves under and over. Nothing more. And it helped!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter