Rain, rain go away...
After two very dry drought years, we are getting rain and more rain. Everyone is calling for the taps to be turned off.
Everything is now beyond saturated. Many areas to the east & south in my province are continuing to be flooded. I think most fields finally got done being seeded here finally, although that’s late. Most fields to the east, however, were not even worked and I wonder how many here will end up possibly drowning. They should have planted rice.
We don't ever get as much precipitation right where we are in comparison to everyone else. I guess this year, that's a good thing.
The grass is ready for haying already, which is early, but it's too wet to cut & dry it.
I'm hearing reports of 7" in many areas that are nowhere close to each other. We have yet to check ours tonight, but at last count, we had about 2" (we are still on saturated ground and it rained a lot today again), but I am not complaining about that! My garden is still happy. The weeds & grass are too (I will complain about that), but at least the transplants have taken & things are up. Nothing has rotted yet. It would be good if I could get into the garden, though.
It has been quite cool as well with some moderate temperatures at times, but by this weekend, we could have a few days in the mid to upper 30s (°C). I'm expecting the return of our big summer storms with all of this moisture. They both scare me & thrill me. It's a strange mix.
Anyway, that's how things stand right now. The rain is to continue tonight and possibly tomorrow, on the weekend and after the weekend at least through their forecast period.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter