Tips for parents with Children in Emergencies
One way of not losing your child is to write their name on the inside of their arm with arm sharpie and the pertinent information that goes with that child.
Another family uses a certain number sequence for their children in texting. The child is then directed to call home or whatever number the emergency number for that family.
A child can usually take a change of clothes in their backpack and possibly some dried fruit leather.
If a child can carry a bottle of water or know how to use a water filter that would be excellent.
This Week's Leaders
- 602 All Categories
- 28 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 44 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 281 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 420 Current Events & Breaking News
- 29 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.2K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.4K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 471 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 30 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 439 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 342 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.1K Personal Journals
- 91 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter