Itching Bug Bites
OK, here is the situation. We have some sort of insect, bug, fly or no-see-um. When it bites it causes a blistering sore that itches beyond belief.
I am one of those folks that gets bitten if there is any biting insect within a block of me. In less than 10 minutes yesterday I was bitten and got the blisters 13 times. Started as I was coming out of my physical therapy and continued until after I got in my house. (I'm only a mile from the clinic.)
Over the last few years I have tried every anti itch remedy I could get my hands on or read about online. From commercial products like After Bite to Locally made salves made with Devil's club or cannabis. From Soaking affected area in hot water or Epsom salt to coating with mustard or bleach to laying a spoon heated in boiling water on the bite.
All to no avail. The itch continued and even keeps me awake.
Does anyone have any suggestions what might stop the itch? The bites are mostly on my hands and arms but a couple on my legs and even one on my chin and one in the middle of my forehead.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter