Happy Canada Day 2022 to Canadian members
I'm not sure how many from Canada are on the forum at the moment, but I'd like to wish you an enjoyable day of celebration.
To go along with the craziness of our time, some people out there are heavily discouraging celebration & even insisting on fully changing the name of the day and disposing of our flag altogether because flying our flag is seen as rebellion by some people these days, especially since the convoy last winter. That's so inside out & backwards, uninformed, & sad.
Just the same, many more proud Canadians are fighting back against the destructive ideology behind that small, but loud movement by standing up for our country & continuing to celebrate the Canada we have always known & loved.
Personally, we decided to stay home from larger celebrations in the larger centres due to the price of fuel, and so we have some special things planned for our family. Come dusk, we will drive to an overlook to watch fireworks. We can see them from our house each year, but by the time we'd see them in the past & drove to see them, they were done...so we are preparing ahead of time this year. Lol
Now to go finish getting ready.
What are your plans for today?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter